Calistoga TID Committee
Calistoga TID Committee
Tourism is Napa County’s second largest industry, generating more than $1.9 billion in annual spending, which directly benefits Napa County residents and businesses.
A portion of the 2% self assessed lodging tax that is collected by Tax Collector of Calistoga is utilized by the Calistoga TID Committee for localized tourism related marketing programs and activities. TID funds are utilized for effective marketing and tourist serving strategies to help benefit the assessed tourism businesses.
To apply for a grant, you can access the application form below. The board will consider applications for funding twice in 2021. The first deadline for applications is Friday, April 23. Applications will be considered at the May 6 meeting of the board.
The timetable for the second application period in 2021 has not yet been determined, but will be posted on this page following the May 6 meeting.
The Calistoga TID Board of Directors meetings are open to the public. Currently, meetings are held via Zoom. Anyone interested in attending a TID Board meeting via Zoom, should email the TID Board Secretary Bruce Kyse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next meeting of the TID board is scheduled for 11 a.m. on May 6, 2021.
TID Committee Board of Directors
- Jay Heidenreich, Solage Calistoga (Chairperson)
- Michael Lennon, Calistoga Spa Hot Springs (Vice Chair)
- Michael Quast, Roman Spa Hot Springs (Treasurer)
- Bruce Kyse, Calistoga Chamber of Commerce (Secretary)
- Lisa Gift, Calistoga City Council
- Michael Kirn, Calistoga City Manager
- Chris Costas, Indian Springs Calistoga
- Jay Heidenreich, Solage Calistoga
Tourism Improvement District (TID) Meetings
TID Funding Application
The deadline for applications is April 23, 2021.
The Calistoga TID Local Governing Board will entertain requests for funding whose sole objective is to advance tourism and hospitality in a significant and measurable way and which will have a demonstrated economic impact specific to the Calistoga community.
Requests for funding are to be considered annually and will be evaluated according to criteria that best achieves the following desired goals and objectives: (Requests that do not meet these goals will not be considered.)
- Develop events or activities that help drive tourism to Calistoga.
- Events or activities should focus on travel primarily Sunday through Friday and also during the shoulder season months of November through June. Our tourist community thrives during summer and grape harvest season; so your proposal should concentrate on the off-season and slow times of year.
- Seek to create and sustain events or activities that compel visitors to stay overnight. Although Calistoga is a popular destination for tourists on day-trips, the ultimate goal of this application is to put ‘heads in beds” and extend stays.
- Highlight Calistoga’s many wine, food, and art venues; showcase Calistoga’s commitment to health, wellness, geothermal waters, relaxation, and education; take advantage of our notable and recognizable winemakers, chefs, artists, musicians and individuals whose reputations have earned them national and international acclaim;
- The event or activity will enhance the guest experience.
- Demonstrate the financial health and accountability, creativity, and strong management of your organization/project to fulfill these objectives.