- This event has passed.
TiPS Training for Responsible Alcohol Service
May 15, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Instead of taking chances, take TiPS training! TiPS is a certified program providing the skills to help servers, sellers, & consumers of alcohol how to prevent intoxication, drunk driving, & underage drinking. What TiPS training includes:
- Recognizing signs of intoxication
- Spotting underage drinkers
- Intervening quickly & assuredly in potential problem situations
- Understanding the difference between people enjoying themselves & those getting into trouble with alcohol
- Handling alcohol related situations with greater confidence
- Using proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems
TiPS is a skill based training. By building on individual’s fundamental “people skills”, TiPS provides the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol related problems and how to effectively intervene to prevent alcohol related tragedies. TiPS Benefits: Compliance with state and local regulations; Protection from alcohol liability lawsuits; Decreased penalties for alcohol violations; Better bottom line through lower insurance premiums; Improved customer service and satisfaction; Increased staff professionalism. A test will be given upon completion.
Co-Hosted by the Calistoga Chamber of Commerce and the Napa-Sonoma SBDC
FREE for Calistoga Chamber Members; $30 for non-members